“God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday is September 13.
- Rally Day kicks off another great year of Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. in the sanctuary!
- We will have one worship service at 10:30 a.m.
- After worship, a quick lunch will be provided in the Parish Hall.
- Then we will settle in for an afternoon of using Our Hands for God’s Work. Social Ministry has a number of varying activities; there’s an activity for you no matter your age or skill level!
- At 3 p.m. we will come together to celebrate our accomplishments with an ice cream social!
Activities are available for your choice:
- Stuffing and decorating 20 Stuffed Elephants for Lutheran Services of the Carolinas foster children. Some minimal hand-sewing is required.
- Stuffing Blessing Bags with toiletries and other necessities to place in your car to give to homeless people when you encounter them.
- Distributing bags for a CRO food drive on September 6. Collecting filled bags from the Mt. Holly neighborhoods on Sunday, September 13. Some trucks and lots of energy required.
- Weighing and shelving the collected food items for the CRO. We’ll have the shelves filled and ready for distribution when the CRO opens on Monday.
- Trash and debris pick-up on some main streets in Mt. Holly, one square block including Main, West Central, Hawthorne and West Catawba streets.
- Building blueberry boxes at the Mt. Holly Community Garden. A couple of cordless drills and manpower needed. All materials are provided.
- Baking cookies at church for area service agencies.
Sign up sheets are available for you to choose the activity you want to do. See Judy Suttenfield to sign-up for questions!